Video has an inherent appeal to audiences. Most of us want to “see” something before we want to “read” something. In the context of internet marketing, video can be used to enhance the consumer experience by educating the viewer about your products or services, putting a face on your company, and building your company brand.
Engage Your Audience
A professionally produced video is the ultimate sales tool working 24/7 for you. Envision your top sales person really connecting with customers, hitting all the key points about your product or service, and doing it consistently every day of the week! Add to this evocative video footage, motion graphics, music and you’ll have marketing tool that will get results!
Educate Your Customers
A study by the Wharton School of Business found that video enhances comprehension by 50%! It makes total sense. If you want to learn more about a product or service and had a choice of reading the manual or having an expert walk you through it, which one would you choose? That’s why video is so powerful as a learning tool. It can get your customers up to speed quickly and with confidence.
Web Video Advantages:
- Show how your company is different from the competition
- Illustrate how your product or service is useful to the customer
- Add personality and a human connection to your website
- Share large amounts of information in a quick, entertaining manner
- Leave viewers with something they will remember
- Utilize visuals that couldn’t be shown in print or explained in text
- Enjoy maximum exposure and viewership resulting from the
novelty of video
Video Tips from the Experts at Advanced Media:
- Video for marketing purposes should not exceed 3 minutes.
- If possible, place video on the home page or provide an
attention grabbing link to it.
- Make sure the video is encoded in a format accessible to
most computer users.
- Keep the physical screen size small and the picture quality
as high as possible.
- Do not set the video to auto-start, always provide
Now let us address some frequently asked questions regarding film & video production.
Question: How much does it cost to produce a program?
It depends on a lot of factors such as the complexity and length of the program. You could think of it as asking an architect how much do buildings cost to make. Like us, he would probably ask a lot of questions before he could answer you (i.e. how large?, how many floors?, etc..)
Items that determine the cost of a video program include:
- Creative development time (i.e. scriptwriting, storyboards)
- The number of shooting days
- Shooting at your location or a lighting stage
- Travel expenses
- Actor fees
- Motion graphics and the amount of editing
Question: How long does it take to produce a program?
A full production from creative development to final editing generally takes four to six weeks to produce. However we are used to working tight deadlines and burning the midnight oil for our clients. So just let us know what your deadline is and we do our best to meet it.
Question: Can we use employees from our company in the program?
Yes. We regularly use company people in our programs. It saves on talent fees and usually makes for a fun and interesting event for the participants. However, if the program requires an on-camera host or acting talents, then we always recommend hiring professional talent.
Question: Our sales executive knows the product better than anyone, he has a great personality, and he’s great with presentations. Can he be the on-camera host for our program?
Sometimes an employee can do a good job as a host and we have used them successfully in the past. However, it is important to bear in mind that changes in roles or workforce turnover can quickly outdate and even retire what was your best sales or educational tool.
Question: Can we use exciting video footage from one of our earlier video programs?
Sure.It’s best to supply us with the original source video footage. If the prior program was done professionally the source footage should seamlessly incorporate into your new program.
Supplemental information on web video:
- Why Video Marketing is Hot for Your Online Business
- Where is Video Marketing Effective?
- Internet Video Marketing – Show Don’t Tell With Video Marketing